· No one can make room Physically Bigger. But using right kind of colors, and right kind of Architectural choices, you can make your room feel larger.
· Remember Roof Height always adds to the impression of Space.
· To squeeze the maximum impact of the space, you should always understand how the space is going to be used.
· Clutter makes a room feel smaller. Too much furniture in a room makes it look small.
· Get everything out and paint it White., Your are not able to find corner in a white Box.
· Avoid all the elements in one room together.
· There is a relationship between Light, Glass & Space. Use as much Glass in your Space as you can.
· Use Sliding Screens to separate the room rather than fixed walls & doors.
· Wooden Flooring bounce back the Light and Sound, that maximize the Light and feeling of space.
· Direction of the flooring also have an impact, Diagonal Lines of Flooring increases the feeling of the width, whereas the vertical lines increases length & depth.
· Vertical lines on the wall increase the feeling of height, whereas horizontal lines increased the feeling of width, but lets the ceiling down.
· Dark color on the ceiling and floor, will let the whole space down, decreases the feeling of height.
· Dark color on the wall, decreases the depth, but increases the width.
· Mirrors in the room always reflects like windows, therefore making the whole space look bigger.
· Focal point, any picture on the wall, makes the wall blurred, in turn feels like a large room.
· Rule of furniture is to move away the furniture from walls.
· Distance between the sitting should be like, you can look someone in the eye of person, you should read the expressions on face.
· Instead of bulky Sofa, Flexible sitting with storage is good.